Avid have announced the release of Media Composer v8.4.5. This release has important bug fixes and, together with the updated Desktop Video Software (10.5.4), includes feature enhancements for the Avid Artist | DNxIO. This release is made available via the Avid Download Center (login and password required) and via Master Avid Accounts this week, the week of January 4, 2016.
Please Note: This release features enhancements for Avid Artist | DNxIO which requires Desktop Video v10.5.4. This new version of the Desktop Video Software was also made available via the Avid Download Center on Thursday, December 31, 2015 and will be made available via Master Avid Accounts this week. DNxIO customers should download this update from Avid, and NOT from BlackMagic Design’s website.
- DNxHR Hardware Capture: Avid Artist | DNxIO now supports hardware based encoding to DNxHR LB (low bandwidth) for UHD and 4K material during baseband capture. The addition of DNxHR LB hardware based encoding during baseband capture enables users to reduce host CPU processing requirements and increase media storage and network efficiencies.
- LTC I/O: LTC Input and Output are now supported on Avid Artist | DNxIO
- Ancillary Data: Closed Captioning and Ancillary Time Code (ATC) are now supported with Avid Artist | DNxIO
- Occasionally, Media Composer would hang when performing an audio scrub
- In some instances, you would see corrupted media when playing back UHD/4K media in Draft, Yellow/Yellow and RGB 12 bit modes
For a complete list of fixed bugs and new features, please refer to the Media Composer v8.4.5 ReadMe.
Reminder: This release of Media Composer requires an active Avid Upgrade & Support plan. Please ensure your plan and license are both up to date before installing this update.