NAB (Booth #SU902), LAS VEGAS, NV, 2015-04-11
The new Avid Artist | DNxIO, in combination with Media Composer software, gives video professionals a powerful, integrated solution for creating greater-than-HD content
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today introduced the Avid Artist | DNxIO, a hardware interface designed to accelerate high-resolution video production. When combined with the industry’s preeminent Media Composer video editing software, the Avid Artist | DNxIO delivers best-in-class high-res video ingest, editing, monitoring, and output, giving video professionals the flexible, open, and integrated creative tools they need to efficiently create the highest-quality media. Further, because it is built on the Avid MediaCentral™ Platform, Avid Artist | DNxIO is compatible with any Avid Artist Suite solutions and many third-party creative tools, including Blackmagic Resolve, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and more.
Avid Artist | DNxIO includes hardware by Blackmagic Design, a new IO Connectivity Partner for the MediaCentral Platform.
“As more and more productions move to greater-than-HD resolution, it is important for video professionals to have the integrated hardware and software they need to take on any project,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. “Our partnership with Blackmagic enables us to provide video editors, assistant editors, logging assistants, and other professionals with a cutting-edge system for creating the highest quality video content, all at an affordable price.”
“We are very excited to be working with Avid as an IO Connectivity Partner,” said Grant Petty, founder and CEO of Blackmagic Design. “Our companies are at the forefront of high-resolution technology, and we are proud to be able to come together to offer video professionals an amazing integrated solution for creating greater-than-HD media.”
Avid Artist | DNxIO enables video professionals to capture, monitor and output Ultra HD, 2K and 4K media, as well as HD and SD formats, making it immediately available across the Avid MediaCentral Platform. Avid Artist | DNxIO features a flexible form factor that fits in standard 19-inch equipment racks for easy integration into any workstation or edit bay. The HD display allows editors to monitor media that is being ingested into and outputted from the system, even when the software is not running. A host of connections delivers fast switching among a range of input devices and sources for capture, and among a range of monitors and output devices. Hands-on controls allow users to quickly select video, audio, and timecode inputs as well as deck control. Onboard DNxHR encoding is planned as a future upgrade in Q4 2015.
Key benefits and features:
- Capture and playback up to 60 frames per second in a range of formats including SD, HD, Ultra HD, 2K and 4K
- Work faster and more efficiently with real-time or accelerated encode, decode, color conversion, up conversion, down conversion, and cross conversion with onboard hardware processing
- Get reliable operation with a redundant power supply
- Connect to a variety of computers using PCIe or Thunderbolt connections
- Easily integrate with existing workflows using multiple connections, including:
- Video inputs and outputs
- Quad SDI in and out—both in and out provide dual 12Gbit and dual 3Gbit supporting single, dual and quad link in and out
- Dual 12Gbit optical in/out (modules not included)
- HDMI in and out
- Analog video in and out—component and composite
- Audio inputs and outputs
- Balanced analog audio—4 channels in, 4 channels out
- AES/EBU—2 channels in, 2 channels out
- Consumer Hi-Fi inputs for MP3 players and other devices
- Front panel features mic input with 48V phantom power, mic level control, headphone connection, and headphone level control
- Ensure media is in sync with dual timecode in and out
- Control the system from external devices using remote control ports
- Monitor media with confidence using a bright front-panel full 1080HD resolution LCD display
- Get hands-on control over sources of video, audio, timecode, and remote control signaling
Avid Artist | DNxIO can be ordered now and will be shipping in Q3 2015.