MXFixer is a tool to manage MXF Files and provides peace of mind where files are moved between organizations or across complex media workflows.
It works well for Operations, providing a simple check of MXF files or in an engineering environment for detailed analysis.
Where numbers of MXF files are moved across systems, simple scripting allows batch testing of files and reports to be filed for later consideration. MXFixer is perfect for use at Ingest or any point of the chain where a correct MXF file structure is vital.
MXFixer lets you:
- Understand your MXF problems
- Graphically browse file contents
- Verify MXF compliance to relevant Application Specs and Operational Patterns
- Package essence in standard MXF files
- Unwrap MXF files to original file types
- In-depth inspection and correction of all metadata in the file
- Apply standard metadata processing tools
- Add custom file processing tools
What can you expect from MXFixer?
MXFixer can unwrap and provide a check of the file’s components plus thumbnails images of the video content. There are many ways of viewing the file check results, ranging from a simple “traffic light” go / no go decision to a full detailed analysis showing errors. The check can be carried out using MXFixer default settings or custom settings which are specific to your organisation.
Due to MXFixer’s complete analysis and clear display it makes it possible to understand MXF issues in your system. By understanding MXF then using MXF becomes much easier.